IT Help Desk Functions:
Resolve Level 1 technology service requests reported by campus end users
College supported software and hardware
Provide technology information using multiple formats
Technology accessibility and availability
Resolve Level 2 incident for IT
Hardware repairs, upgrades, maintenance, and relocation
Software installs, upgrades, and maintenance
Provision & set-up of system account
Offer various technology training and presentations
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Examples of key duties are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature.
1. Provide one-on-one end-user incident & service request resolution over the phone for workstation software.
2. Delivers, tags, sets up, and assists in the configuration of end-user workstation
hardware, software and peripherals.
3. Diagnoses and resolves end-user network or local printer problems, PC hardware
problems, e-mail, Internet, and local-area network access problems.
4. Coordinates timely repair of workstation equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
5. Performs minor desktop hardware repair for workstation equipment and peripherals that are not covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
install local area network cabling systems and equipment such as network interface cards, hubs and switches.